- Electrostatic charging through two moving layers
- Dust accumulation between the layers
- Unhygienic, cavity does not conform to EHDGE and cleanability is minimal
- Assembly is more complicated, increasing the risk of errors
- Shorter life span, because the moving layers rub against each other and wear may occur
With the intention of preventing explosive atmospheres, double-layer flexible joints are regularly chosen when handling hazardous flammable substances. The idea behind this is that double layers reduce the risk of flammable substances escaping. However, this assumption is incorrect. The risks in terms of safety and hygiene actually increase.
This depends very much on the chosen materials, we will be happy to advise you on the correct applications.